- 1Showing an interest in learning new things: an open, enquiring mindMore example sentences
- Pupils at the college are encouraged to adopt an active investigational approach to their learning, designed to stimulate an enquiring mind.
- They raise so many questions for the enquiring mind…
- Perhaps there's an interesting story there for enquiring journalists.
- 1.1(Of a look) suggesting that information is sought: he sent her an enquiring glanceMore example sentences
- This solicited a enquiring look from Jeanette and Dave.
- ‘One condition’ spoke Eve suddenly, and he turned an enquiring look on her.
- He gave her an enquiring look, but she ignored him, and motioned for him to follow her toward the horses.
- More example sentences
- But Bernie saw me staring, and looked enquiringly over at me.
- He looked around enquiringly and saw my book sitting on the table.
- She turned to Ian enquiringly, as the boy scrabbled frantically on the floor looking for coins.