noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of both the small intestine and the colon.More example sentences
- There was no histologic evidence of celiac disease, collagenous or lymphocytic enterocolitis, or inflammatory bowel disease.
- The study did not find any evidence that prophylactic indomethacin affected other outcomes such as chronic lung disease, necrotising enterocolitis, and retinopathy.
- Bloody diarrhea is much more suggestive of inflammatory bowel disease or infectious enterocolitis.
More definitions of enterocolitisDefinition of enterocolitis in:
- The US English dictionary