noun[mass noun] (plural enteropathies) Medicine
- A disease of the intestine, especially the small intestine.More example sentences
- Also known as celiac sprue, nontropical sprue and gluten-sensitive enteropathy, celiac disease occurs in people who have a susceptibility to gluten intolerance.
- When the diagnosis of gluten-sensitive enteropathy is suspected, serologic tests can identify many affected patients.
- To determine the cause of enteropathy, biopsies of the gastrointestinal tract were performed.
More definitions of enteropathyDefinition of enteropathy in:
- The US English dictionary