Definition of enterprise in English:
- So bold an enterprise, so boldly undertaken, is bound to provoke not merely thought but dissent.
- The cases tend to talk in terms of there being a joint enterprise, or pre-arranged plan or talk of the accused acting in concert.
- It is at this point that the idea of a joint enterprise, be it marital or based on cohabitation, becomes crucial.
- Sometimes, however, it can take a little initiative and enterprise to secure municipal services for the village.
- I knew from an early age what that comfort depended on: diligence, enterprise and initiative.
- As a result, initiative, enterprise, and valor are once again at a premium.
- Few local State-owned and private enterprises call the headhunting companies for help.
- It is a commercial enterprise which invites business from the public in terms of sales, parts, servicing and works.
- Tucked away behind this traditional front is a different enterprise producing an impressive business performance.
- Equally clear is the need to support and develop local enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- Here is an agency set up to encourage local enterprise, which is using public funds to further a policy of land distribution.
- The funding will benefit local groups and encourage enterprise.
- Example sentences
- When workers and enterprisers combine their skills, savings, and inventiveness to produce goods and services, these are precisely the efforts that are penalized by current fiscal policies.
- Industrial booms periodically gave way to industrial collapse, with workers and enterprisers alike suffering from the breakdown.
- But media companies that dominate a market have little incentive to spend money on enterprisers and investigations.
Late Middle English: from Old French, 'something undertaken', feminine past participle (used as a noun) of entreprendre, based on Latin prendere, prehendere 'to take'.
Words that rhyme with enterprisevectorize • microenterprise • winterize
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.