Definition of enterprising in English:
Having or showing initiative and resourcefulness: some enterprising teachers have started their own recycling programmes
More example sentences
- However, he was able to draw around him others with an enterprising spirit.
- An enterprising teacher has been recognised for her skills in the classroom.
- The Scottish film industry may be small, but is recognised globally as creative, enterprising and skilled.
quick-witted, clever, bright, sharp, talented, gifted, able, capable;
bold, daring, audacious, courageous, intrepid, adventurous
- Example sentences
- They started enterprisingly - you felt gaining the first goal was vital to the game plan - but with a fair amount of caution, with five men at the back when their opponents came forward, which was infrequent and in haphazard fashion.
- Corporate sponsorship and individual help from various quarters was enterprisingly sought, going against government norm, and the festival finally emerged from the ashes.
- Most of the abundant new information comes from deposits of family letters and family lore that Alexander alone has enterprisingly explored.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan