Having or showing initiative and resourcefulness: some enterprising teachers have started their own recycling programmes
More example sentences
- However, he was able to draw around him others with an enterprising spirit.
- An enterprising teacher has been recognised for her skills in the classroom.
- The Scottish film industry may be small, but is recognised globally as creative, enterprising and skilled.
quick-witted, clever, bright, sharp, talented, gifted, able, capable;
bold, daring, audacious, courageous, intrepid, adventurous
- Example sentences
- They started enterprisingly - you felt gaining the first goal was vital to the game plan - but with a fair amount of caution, with five men at the back when their opponents came forward, which was infrequent and in haphazard fashion.
- Corporate sponsorship and individual help from various quarters was enterprisingly sought, going against government norm, and the festival finally emerged from the ashes.
- Most of the abundant new information comes from deposits of family letters and family lore that Alexander alone has enterprisingly explored.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: en¦ter|pris¦ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.