- Providing amusement or enjoyment: a charming and entertaining companionMore example sentences
delightful, enjoyable, diverting, amusing, pleasurable, pleasing, pleasant, agreeable, nice, to one's liking, congenial, charming, appealing, beguiling, enchanting, captivating, engaging, interesting, fascinating, intriguing, absorbing, riveting, compelling; humorous, funny, chucklesome, witty, droll, comical, hilarious• informal fun
- It is a credit to both sides that they played a very entertaining game, full of passion, pride and a superb quality of football.
- I found him an entertaining companion but I always regarded him as under-educated.
- It should be an entertaining game and it will be interesting to see who wins.
- More example sentences
- Conversely, if I look at it as an entertainingly odd product of its times and surroundings, it comes off pretty darn well.
- When you've been talking to yourself for decades and imposing speech codes on everyone else, your ability to argue coherently - let alone entertainingly - inevitably wanes.
- Though he wrote elegantly and entertainingly on cricket and other quintessentially English subjects, his main claim to fame was his stewardship of the London Magazine, which he kept afloat through his wife's trust fund.