(Of a plant or flower) pollinated by insects.
More example sentences
- Two forms of pollen viability are apparent in entomophilous species.
- Thus, the aim of this paper is to describe, for the first time, the secretion and chemical composition of nectar in a presumed entomophilous species of Maxillaria and to compare this with data previously obtained for M. coccinea.
- It has been described as a predominantly entomophilous species.
- More example sentences
- Conversely to that stated by some authors, entomophily, mainly effected by species of Diptera but also by species of Coleoptera and Hymenoptera, is probably the only pollination system in these species.
Definition of entomophilous in:
- The US English dictionary