- The meals include an entrée, soup, salad, sandwich and dessert for a cost of $6.
- The next course is a ‘Menu Planner’ that's built around five easy-to-follow steps: Search for a meal, choose an entrée, add extras, get your menu, and make a shopping list.
- Fortunately, the entrées were the real highlights of the meal.
- We started, as usual, with a mixed entrée including spring rolls, Thai fish cakes, money bags and curry puffs.
- This salad serves two entrée size portions or one good main course size portion.
- At this fairly expensive restaurant, all was well - we'd experienced a fantastic entrée, the wine was perfect - until my main course of sea bass arrived on a plate which had brightly painted fish all around the edge.
- University provides Benjamin an entrée to a whole new way of life.
- The facilities don't have to be as large, although some countries have chosen to use the Commonwealth Games and staging the Commonwealth Games as an entrée to bigger events.
- That initial contact gave her entrée into other university offerings.
Early 18th century (denoting a piece of instrumental music forming the first part of a suite): French, feminine past participle of entrer 'enter' (see entry).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: en¦trée
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.