- A light dish served between two courses of a formal meal.More example sentences
- The course was called a met; the activities between courses were therefore the entremets.
- Just like the entremets I bought on the same day, those small jewels weren't mere a eye-candy; the twelve little cakes had different tastes and textures on their own, and they were in no way ‘light’ - believe it or not, they were very filling.
- Next to their small boutique, there was a cafe that serves a selection of entremets, and it was where my friend and I decided to have a cup of tea.
French, from entre 'between' + mets 'dish'.
More definitions of entremetsDefinition of entremets in:
- The US English dictionary