- Wind or twist together; interweave: they lay entwined in each other’s arms • figurative the nations' histories were closely entwinedMore example sentences
- We laid back wearily against the pillows and smiled, entwining our fingers together automatically.
- For a colorful, exotic effect, entwine two scarves together before wrapping your hair.
- He stops caressing her arm and takes hold of her hand, entwining their fingers together.
- More example sentences
- I've always set greater store by friendships than romantic entwinements and maybe this is because I've never had much experience in matters of the heart.
- It is an entwinement - each identity reinforces the other.
- The film, however, orchestrates these elements, mobilises their energies, toward a riveting affective engagement with history, desire, identity, love and their entwinement together.