Definition of envious in English:
Feeling or showing envy: I’m envious of their happiness an envious glance
More example sentences
- You are beginning to discover that some people can be jealous and spiteful and envious.
- Housing renovation has all been done by housing agencies, leaving council tenants to cast envious glances.
- He still had the women swooning, the men in the audience casting envious glances and the youngsters in awe.
- Example sentences
- On the fifth day of consuming it by the bucketful, my skin has turned a subtle dusky shade, close on the color scale to that enviously smooth olive complexion of many Italians.
- As the days progressed, students looked enviously at the empty staff parking lots while they fumed in line, or cruised the designated student lots hoping for parking spots.
- I watch enviously as someone prepares a cocktail from the most unpromising ingredients.
Words that rhyme with enviousOctavius
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan