- 1Relating to the natural world and the impact of human activity on its condition: acid rain may have caused major environmental damageMore example sentences
- Now that is the most significant environmental impact that humans can have on the planet.
- There are also issues of its environmental impact, but it is nevertheless likely to be important.
- In recent years, he has become as famous for his campaigning on environmental and human rights issues as for his music.
- 1.1Aiming or designed to promote the protection of the natural world: environmental tourismMore example sentences
- The former team proposed the most overtly environmental design of any of the finalists.
- It is part of efforts to promote environmental and economic redevelopment in the area.
- Student environmental activists were delighted by the news of the University's decision.
- 2Relating to or arising from a person’s surroundings: environmental noiseMore example sentences
- A large proportion of the rhythmically regulated genes also directly respond to environmental stress.
- The same applies to the meridian programmes and to the specific environmental stresses, colours and trauma.
- Chilling temperature is one of the most studied environmental factors in plant stress physiology research.
- More example sentences
- All the timbers used are either recycled or salvaged - so it is environmentally friendly.
- Why is so much effort needed on an individual basis to create environmentally friendly practices?
- He agreed that slow moving traffic was more environmentally damaging that fast moving traffic.
More definitions of environmentalDefinition of environmental in:
- The US English dictionary