An evergreen shrub of warm arid regions which has trailing or climbing stems and tiny scale-like leaves.
- Family Ephedraceae and genus Ephedra
More example sentences
- The vegetation is a mix of grasses, annual herbs and isolated patches of mesquite, cholla, ephedra and yucca.
- She had been taking a weight-loss product containing caffeine and the herb ephedra on-and-off for three years.
- But some featured other herbs containing ephedrine, the active ingredient in the herb ephedra.
modern Latin, from Latin, 'equisetum' (which it resembles), from Greek.
Definition of ephedra in:
- The US English dictionary