noun[mass noun] Medicine
A crystalline alkaloid drug obtained from some ephedras. It causes constriction of the blood vessels and widening of the bronchial passages, and is used to relieve asthma and hay fever.
- Chemical formula: C10H15NO
More example sentences
- He studied the tissue distribution and metabolism of caffeine, amphetamines, ephedrine, and narcotic drugs.
- A 43 year old general practitioner had had juvenile asthma requiring regular ephedrine.
- If the medicines aspirin, ephedrine, and morphine were once botanicals, how did they get to be tested and marketed as drugs?
Definition of ephedrine in:
- The US English dictionary