Definition of epidemiology in English:
The branch of medicine which deals with the incidence, distribution, and possible control of diseases and other factors relating to health.
- We have confirmed that research on cancers and cardiovascular diseases dominates published epidemiology.
- The epidemiology of diseases such as cancer is certainly different from what we are accustomed to in the West.
- The second major factor is the epidemiology of the disease or condition.
- Example sentences
- Most etiologic studies of sarcoidosis have used an epidemiologic approach, but the disease poses particular difficulties.
- They recently reviewed the clinical and epidemiologic features of this malignancy along with current management strategies.
- The purpose of this review is to place irritant-induced asthma in its epidemiologic context.
Words that rhyme with epidemiologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of epidemiology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia