The branch of medicine which deals with the incidence, distribution, and possible control of diseases and other factors relating to health.
- We have confirmed that research on cancers and cardiovascular diseases dominates published epidemiology.
- The epidemiology of diseases such as cancer is certainly different from what we are accustomed to in the West.
- The second major factor is the epidemiology of the disease or condition.
- Example sentences
- Most etiologic studies of sarcoidosis have used an epidemiologic approach, but the disease poses particular difficulties.
- They recently reviewed the clinical and epidemiologic features of this malignancy along with current management strategies.
- The purpose of this review is to place irritant-induced asthma in its epidemiologic context.
Late 19th century: from Greek epidēmia 'prevalence of disease' + -logy.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: epi¦demi|ology
Definition of epidemiology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.