- (Of a plant) growing on the surface of rock: most seaweeds are epilithicMore example sentences
- We have virtually no fossils of tropical fleshy algae, especially the small soft epilithic species that characterize primary productivity on modern reefs.
- This community is also characterized by a high epiphytic and epilithic cover.
- We investigated the importance of snowmelt as an organizing factor for epilithic microalgae in a high-altitude montane stream during 3 yr of differing melt characteristics.
More definitions of epilithicDefinition of epilithic in:
- The US English dictionary