noun[mass noun] Anatomy
- A sheath of fibrous elastic tissue surrounding a muscle.More example sentences
- We also see that the feather muscles are surrounded by an epimysium, the elastic membrane of which forms the framework for the hydraulic skeleton of the feathers.
- Amyloid was distributed in a perivascular or interstitial location within the endomysium in 7 muscles and in the epimysium in 4 muscles.
- Instead, they originate from an aponeurosis that is continuous with the epimysium of the epaxial musculature and insert onto an aponeurosis that merges with the peritoneum.
modern Latin, from epi- 'upon' + Greek mus 'muscle'.
More definitions of epimysiumDefinition of epimysium in:
- The US English dictionary