noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Bleeding from the nose.More example sentences
- Generalized erythema, epistaxis, bleeding of gums, petechial and subconjunctival haemorrhages are present occasionally.
- With only minor bleeding, such as epistaxis, transfusion of platelets to counts in the 30 000 to 40 000 / L range may be acceptable.
- One child in the fluticasone group was withdrawn from the study because of epistaxis and nose pain.
late 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek, from epistazein 'bleed from the nose', from epi 'upon, in addition' + stazein 'to drip'.
More definitions of epistaxisDefinition of epistaxis in:
- The US English dictionary