Relating to knowledge or to the degree of its validation.
- Indeed, many such philosophers are not concerned with the analysis of any ordinary concept of knowledge or of epistemic justification.
- This allows them to accord individuals a degree of epistemic privilege with respect to their own inner goings-on.
- On one kind of interpretation, Descartes relaxes his epistemic standards in the Sixth Meditation.
- Example sentences
- Only with such a goal in the background does the two-step process of employing historical materialism to establish an epistemically and normatively independent stance make sense.
- In this regard, Augustine's illuminationism is a worthy contender among more familiar attempts to make intellectual cognition epistemically secure and reliable.
- An interesting task for social epistemology is to identify the types of collaboration that would be optimal in terms of some epistemically relevant measure.
Words that rhyme with epistemicanaemic (US anemic), systemic
Definition of epistemic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.