Definition of epitaxy in English:
noun[mass noun] Crystallography
The natural or artificial growth of crystals on a crystalline substrate that determines their orientation.
- Maintaining tight control over layer thickness throughout the lengthy low-pressure metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy growth process is one of the biggest challenges.
- To build the 0.5-mm x 0.3-mm x 0.1-mm laser chip, the group deposited various layers onto the SiC substrate using metal-oxide vapor phase epitaxy.
- Then, because the fluorite crystals that are defined by dark color zoning are wedge shaped and depart from parallelism with pyrite crystals by varying degrees, I concluded that epitaxy did not appear possible.
- Example sentences
- An assistant professor in the applied physics and physics departments at Yale University has been recognized for ‘pioneering work on epitaxial complex oxide thin film heterostructures.’
- It is plausible that the solid glass support, which is not flat on the molecular scale, will cause epitaxial coupling that affects the overlaying lipid molecules.
- A particular feature of this new process is that the N type epitaxial layer that is grown over the P + layer is only about half the thickness of its counterpart in the conventional device.
Definition of epitaxy in:
- US English dictionary