Definition of equifinal in English:
Having the same end or result.
- The equifinal trajectory is an ideal succession of angles and velocities that comprise a long window of time during which releasing the ball at any moment would lead to success.
- Hypothesis 1 predicted that organizational performance across the sample would be higher in trade-off than in suboptimal equifinal situations.
- Example sentences
- Heider draws a further distinction between equifinality that can arise in ‘impersonal causation’ such as the predictable ultimate resting position of a pendulum or of a marble thrown in a bowl.
- The concepts of multifinality and equifinality can be invoked here to suggest that multiple pathways can lead to both resilience and maladaptation in the context of the reunification process.
- Next, the principles of equifinality and multifinality are pertinent.
Definition of equifinal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan