- (Of a surface or line) composed of points all at the same potential.More example sentences
- The Mandelbrot set is beautiful even if it is the monochromatic blot in the middle of the colorful depiction of equipotential lines.
- In fact Pontryagin used ideas introduced by Morse on equipotential surfaces.
- The geoid is defined as a gravitational equipotential surface that coincides with mean sea level.
nounBack to top
- An equipotential line or surface.More example sentences
- This is the mean sea-level surface, and is also clearly a gravitational equipotential.
- The curve is intended to fall along the equipotential between, as well as at,the specific points marked off, so the points should not be connected by straight line segments.
- The equipotential is then formed by the dipole curve 1).
More definitions of equipotentialDefinition of equipotential in:
- The US English dictionary