Definition of equipotential in English:
(Of a surface or line) composed of points all at the same potential.
- The Mandelbrot set is beautiful even if it is the monochromatic blot in the middle of the colorful depiction of equipotential lines.
- In fact Pontryagin used ideas introduced by Morse on equipotential surfaces.
- The geoid is defined as a gravitational equipotential surface that coincides with mean sea level.
nounBack to top
An equipotential line or surface.
- This is the mean sea-level surface, and is also clearly a gravitational equipotential.
- The curve is intended to fall along the equipotential between, as well as at,the specific points marked off, so the points should not be connected by straight line segments.
- The equipotential is then formed by the dipole curve 1).
Definition of equipotential in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan