nounMathematics & Logic
- The class of all members of a set that are in a given equivalence relation.More example sentences
- Assertions had meaning in virtue of their verification conditions, and propositions were defined just as an equivalence class of sentences with the same verification conditions.
- In general, it is fairly straightforward to define an equivalence class for events with physical definitions such as plane crashes, shark attacks, and lung cancer deaths.
- One is what I call categorical, where a category defines an equivalence class.
More definitions of equivalence classDefinition of equivalence class in:
- The US English dictionary