- 1Excessive sensitivity or rapid reaction to stimulation of a part of the body, especially the sexual organs.More example sentences
- The intense excitement of the events had no doubt left my perceptive powers in a state of erethism.
- Erethism traditionally is seen in the chronic phase of the toxicity.
- The state we were in was a kind of mental eroticism, an erethism of the mind, akin to that inwardly directed state of arousal achieved by adepts of Tantric yoga.
- 2A state of abnormal mental excitement or irritation.More example sentences
- But these are not worthy concerns, they are mere symptoms of a moral erethism (mental over-excitement).
- What are we to understand by this erethism of the brain?
early 19th century: from French éréthisme, from Greek erethismos, from erethizein 'irritate'.
More definitions of erethismDefinition of erethism in:
- The US English dictionary