- An apparatus which measures work or energy expended during a period of physical exercise: the subject’s anaerobic power was determined by having them pedal a bicycle ergometerMore example sentences
- Comparing results at identical levels of exercise on a cycle ergometer provides an effort-independent measure of physiologic training responses.
- Forty men from the Indian army were administered maximal exercise on a bicycle ergometer in a graded work load protocol.
- A bicycle ergometer was used to exercise the subjects.
More definitions of ergometerDefinition of ergometer in:
- The US English dictionary