A widely distributed herbaceous plant of the daisy family, which is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental.
- Genus Erigeron, family Compositae
More example sentences
- Mine flowered a little later this year but is still going strong, having outlived the penstemon and erigeron it is planted with.
- Erigeron Spindrift makes growing ordinary karvinskianus pointless!
- The steam-distilled fraction of the aerial parts of Erigeron speciosus was tested for activity against strawberry plant pathogenic fungi.
modern Latin, from Latin, 'groundsel' (the original sense in English), from Greek ērigerōn, from ēri 'early' + gerōn 'old man' (because the plant flowers early in the year, and some species bear grey down).
Definition of erigeron in:
- The US English dictionary