- The sea eagle.More example sentences
- There were terns and ernes and gulls, myriad tropical varieties of birds of all shapes and sizes, albatrosses and finches and cranes…
- The Erne is never a gregarious bird; its habits perhaps forbid the exercise of the sociable qualities.
- This erne is common in North America, both by the coasts and by inland lakes, and also occurs in Northern Europe.
Old English earn 'eagle', of Germanic origin; related to Dutch arend.
More definitions of erneDefinition of erne in:
- The US English dictionary