- A message displayed on a monitor screen or printout indicating that an incorrect instruction has been given or that there is an error resulting from faulty software or hardware.More example sentences
- If anything goes wrong, the script will capture the exception and print out an error message.
- The user may not have the luxury of viewing a message box with an error description or even understand the error message when it is displayed.
- Whenever he tried to connect to the internet, he got an error message stating that the modem could not be initialized.
More definitions of error messageDefinition of error message in:
- The US English dictionary