- Former: the erstwhile president of the companyMore example sentences
- He assuredly bumped off a formidable array of erstwhile friends and possible rivals.
- To be fair to the script writers, they have made Todd behave in a way which entitled his erstwhile friends and neighbours to complain about his conduct.
- But there's nothing like a common enemy to get erstwhile rivals to work together.
adverb• archaic Back to top
- Formerly: Mary Anderson, erstwhile the queen of America’s stageMore example sentences
- The future, as foreseen by Douglas Hurd, erstwhile Foreign Secretary to Margaret Thatcher, looks intriguing.
- Getting a brand that was erstwhile pushed by James Bond himself?
- Oil money has corrupted the media and a considerable segment of erstwhile critical intellectuals.