noun (plural erythroniums or erythronia /-ɪə/)
A plant of a genus which includes dog’s-tooth violet.
- Genus Erythronium, family Liliaceae
More example sentences
- Under the trees are clumps of hellebores, erythroniums, and trilliums.
- To add to your tulips and erythroniums, you may consider Fritillaria meliagris, which is a pink-and-white British native.
- ‘Pagoda’ is one of the most commonly available erythroniums.
modern Latin, from Greek (saturion) eruthronion 'red-flowered (orchid)'.
Definition of erythronium in:
- The US English dictionary