- 1 variant spelling of escalope.
- 2 another term for scallop ( sense 2 of the noun).
- 3 Heraldry A scallop shell as a charge.More example sentences
- About the only tangible connection is the coat of arms (containing the three escallops of the Graham Clan).
- The full shield for the Elliot name was red within a border of silver upon which were eight blue escallops.
verb (escallops, escalloping, escalloped)Back to top
- another term for scallop ( sense 3 of the verb).More example sentences
- There we enjoyed a glass of excellent Merlot, along with a delicious dish of escalloped fish and potatoes.
- Such things as macaroni au gratin and escalloped fish can also be baked and served in these dishes, which cost 25 cents each.
More definitions of escallopDefinition of escallop in:
- The US English dictionary