- A thin slice of meat without any bone, typically a special cut of veal from the leg that is coated, fried, and served in a sauce.More example sentences
- What I often like having here is the veal escalope or the Dover sole.
- Anyway, we had the garlic, tomato and oregano soaked courgettes served with a pork escalope and a glass of cold Italian Chardonnay.
- I had asked her to tell me, based on what she'd seen in the kitchen and on the reaction of other diners, whether she would choose the escalopes of veal or the baked fillet of cod.
More definitions of escalopeDefinition of escalope in:
- The US English dictionary