- Topics have included the history of megaliths, the semi-defunct international language Esperanto, underground Japanese cinema and music broadcast to and from space.
- He's better than you and me, and to top it all off he can speak the international language of Esperanto.
- Artificial human languages like Esperanto are a more difficult case.
- Example sentences
- There are, I understand, some native speakers of Esperanto; the children, I presume of dedicated Esperantists, who speak it at home.
- He's one of Lancashire's leading Esperantists and met fellow language lovers on Saturday to converse at the North West Esperanto Federation meeting in Preston.
- In the pursuit of understanding and dialogue, during the Israeli Congress a special seminar was organised in Jordan in which Israeli, Arab and Iranian Esperantists all participated.
Late 19th century: from the name Dr Esperanto, used as a pen name by the inventor of the language, Ludwik L. Zamenhof (1858–1917), Polish physician; the literal sense is 'one who hopes' (based on Latin sperare 'to hope').
Words that rhyme with Esperantocanto, manteau, panto, portmanteau
Definition of Esperanto in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.