- Used to emphasize the basic, fundamental, or intrinsic nature of a person or thing: [sentence adverb]: essentially, they are amateursMore example sentences
- I took the view that the second and third questions were essentially questions of law.
- I would not say that violence is essentially evil unless you view human nature as evil.
- Political correctness is essentially an etiquette, a series of codes by which we are supposed to live our lives.
More definitions of essentiallyDefinition of essentially in:
- The US English dictionary