- An enzyme which hydrolyses particular esters into acids and alcohols or phenols: [with modifier]: soybean esteraseMore example sentences
- Carbosulfan is extremely toxic to mammals and its toxicity is mediated through inhibition of acetylcholine esterase, a respiratory enzyme.
- Cholesterol esterase plays a role in digestive lipid absorption in the upper intestinal tract, though its role in cholesterol absorption in particular is controversial.
- Cholesterol esterase was omitted from the assay to exclude intracellular cholesterol esters.
More definitions of esteraseDefinition of esterase in:
- The US English dictionary