Worthy of great respect: she was shown into that estimable woman’s presence
More example sentences
- Our estimable reader Stanley Black sent me these comments and asked for my response.
- I think the estimable Dr. Payne goes too far.
- Today the Washington Post ran a page 1 story by the estimable Thomas Ricks concerning a briefing given to a Pentagon advisory committee last month.
- Example sentences
- By contrast, James Atlas is estimably objective and clear-eyed.
- In this he's succeeded estimably.
- We were more likely to seek out the bistros frequented by taxi drivers (an estimably knowledgeable group about food as about much else) or the small, family-run restaurants where provincial food of every variety flourished.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: es¦tim|able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.