Definition of estimable in English:
Worthy of great respect: she was shown into that estimable woman’s presence
More example sentences
- Our estimable reader Stanley Black sent me these comments and asked for my response.
- I think the estimable Dr. Payne goes too far.
- Today the Washington Post ran a page 1 story by the estimable Thomas Ricks concerning a briefing given to a Pentagon advisory committee last month.
- Example sentences
- By contrast, James Atlas is estimably objective and clear-eyed.
- In this he's succeeded estimably.
- We were more likely to seek out the bistros frequented by taxi drivers (an estimably knowledgeable group about food as about much else) or the small, family-run restaurants where provincial food of every variety flourished.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan