1The seventh letter of the Greek alphabet (Η, η), transliterated as ‘e’ or ‘ē’.
- This complex contains eight different homologous subunits, alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, and theta.
- The squads had been organized into Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta and Theta.
1.1 (Eta) [followed by Latin genitive] Astronomy The seventh star in a constellation: Eta Carinae
More example sentences
- This region, about 8000 light-years from Earth, is located near to the famous explosive variable star Eta Carinae, which lies just outside the field of view toward the upper right.
- The striking picture reveals an eclectic mix of embryonic stars living in the tattered neighborhood of one of the most famous massive stars in our Milky Way galaxy, Eta Carinae.
- Researchers using NASA's Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer satellite have made the first ever direct observation of Eta Carinae's companion star.
from Greek ēta.