Definition of ethical hacker in English:
A person who hacks into a computer network in order to test or evaluate its security, rather than with malicious or criminal intent: ethical hackers are becoming a mainstay of the effort to make corporate networks more secure
More example sentences
- A Houston ethical hacker accused of breaking into the wireless network of a Texan court has been acquitted of all charges.
- "There is nothing fool-proof here," adds the ethical hacker.
- The expert, who works as an "ethical hacker" testing websites, broke into password-protected Microsoft Word and Excel documents in just five seconds.
ethical hacking noun
- Example sentences
- Ethical hacking is normally done with the target's consent: paid security experts look for holes in the system.
- Furthermore, the varied job skills that ethical hacking trains you for could boost your career in the future.
- It is also known as ethical hacking, vulnerability assessment and Internet vulnerability analysis.
Definition of ethical hacker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.