noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless volatile liquid with a fruity smell, used as a plastics solvent and in flavourings and perfumes.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH3COOC2H5
- The process can include methylene chloride (used widely in Europe), coffee oil, or ethyl acetate to bond the caffeine molecules to the solvent, increasing the amount extracted from the beans.
- Acetone-free polish removers contain safer fruit-derived solvents like ethyl acetate and methyl pentane.
- The ester ethyl acetate can be produced using either an organic or an inorganic acid.
More definitions of ethyl acetateDefinition of ethyl acetate in:
- The US English dictionary