- Refer to (something unpleasant or embarrassing) by means of a euphemism: the song uses a vocabulary of euphemized profanity and obscenity [no object]: the impulse to euphemize is causing the syllables to multiplyMore example sentences
- About the time they reached the door, Brent burst from it, screaming euphemized obscenities.
- We are the Mr Clean society - devoted to eradicating every natural body odour and euphemizing every body function and its excretions.
- It usually involves constructing imaginary walls around minorities and euphemizing the situation by describing it as a mosaic.
mid 19th century: from Greek euphēmizein 'use auspicious words' (see euphemism).
More definitions of euphemizeDefinition of euphemize in:
- The US English dictionary