(Of sound, especially speech) pleasing to the ear: a stream of fine, euphonious phrases
More example sentences
- To the scientific mind, a euphonious musical piece that calms the mind and soul is as aesthetically beautiful as a complex mathematical formula.
- There's also a call for ‘bright rights,’ a euphonious phrase if ever there was one.
- It was euphonious and easy to sing and to our young ears sounded good.
pleasant-sounding, sweet-sounding, mellow, mellifluous, dulcet, sweet, honeyed, lyrical, silvery, silver-toned, golden, bell-like, rhythmical, lilting, pleasant, agreeable, soothing;
informal easy on the ear
rare mellifluent, canorous
- Example sentences
- The long-flowing lines smile euphoniously, without generating harsh inner tensions, and evoking a serenity appropriate to G major's blessedness.
- The Hoopoe is euphoniously named for its call.
- Snarled hanks of colored line nest devotedly against one another and suspend euphoniously from a planar filigree of black over white.
Words that rhyme with euphoniousacrimonious, antimonious, ceremonious, erroneous, felonious, harmonious, parsimonious, Petronius, sanctimonious, Suetonius
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: eu|pho¦ni|ous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.