Definition of euphonious in English:
(Of sound, especially speech) pleasing to the ear: a stream of fine, euphonious phrases
More example sentences
- To the scientific mind, a euphonious musical piece that calms the mind and soul is as aesthetically beautiful as a complex mathematical formula.
- There's also a call for ‘bright rights,’ a euphonious phrase if ever there was one.
- It was euphonious and easy to sing and to our young ears sounded good.
pleasant-sounding, sweet-sounding, mellow, mellifluous, dulcet, sweet, honeyed, lyrical, silvery, silver-toned, golden, bell-like, rhythmical, lilting, pleasant, agreeable, soothing;
informaleasy on the ear
- Example sentences
- The long-flowing lines smile euphoniously, without generating harsh inner tensions, and evoking a serenity appropriate to G major's blessedness.
- The Hoopoe is euphoniously named for its call.
- Snarled hanks of colored line nest devotedly against one another and suspend euphoniously from a planar filigree of black over white.
Words that rhyme with euphoniousacrimonious, antimonious, ceremonious, erroneous, felonious, harmonious, parsimonious, Petronius, sanctimonious, Suetonius
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.