- A valved brass musical instrument of tenor pitch, resembling a small tuba.More example sentences
- Heckelphone, ondes-martenot, tubax, contrabassoon, serpent, octobasse, flugelhorn, euphonium are examples of musical instruments whose sex appeal does not live up to their exotic sounding names.
- The euphonium differs from the B baritone saxhorn at the same pitch in being considerably wider in bore.
- John also played the euphonium and the tuba with the Wiltshire Constabulary's band and the Wessex Wind Band.
mid 19th century: from Greek euphōnos 'having a pleasing sound' + -ium.
More definitions of euphoniumDefinition of euphonium in:
- The US English dictionary