Definition of euploid in English:
Having an equal number of all the chromosomes of the haploid set.
- The pilot study shows that in vitro grown and matured oocytes from preantral follicles that progress to metaphase II possess euploid numbers of chromosomes.
- When colonies are formed, the resulting cells tend to have euploid genomes derived from the aneuploid state by chromosome loss.
- Aneuploid pollen grains compete poorly with euploid pollen and so aneuploidies are eliminated when propagated through the male.
- Example sentences
- Although trisomic plants segregate for only two genetic conditions, euploidy and hyperploidy, the system is simpler to use than B-A translocations.
- To obtain a more precise determination of genome size in some of these lines, multiple individuals from a few of the lines with genome content values furthest from euploidy were grown and their genome size was determined.
Definition of euploid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan