noun (plural euros or euro)
The single European currency, which replaced the national currencies of France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Luxembourg, Austria, Finland, the Republic of Ireland, Belgium, and the Netherlands in 2002. Seventeen member states of the European Union now use the euro.
- It has been years now since much of Europe abandoned national currencies for the euro.
- I bought my digital camera upon landing in the States for several hundred euro cheaper than Ireland.
- The Dutch greeted the euro with a national party, champagne at bank queues and general merriment.
Relating to Europe or the European Union: a Euro court the single is currently storming the Euro charts
More example sentences
- Norway's absence from the EU means the map of Europe on the Euro coin looks a bit rude.
- If he can deliver the British people to the Euro leaders, the Presidency of Europe awaits him.
- In the Euro elections, the issue was going to be Europe and our relationship to it.
Definition of euro in:
- US English dictionary