- (Of an organism) able to tolerate a wide range of temperatures. Often contrasted with stenothermal.More example sentences
- However, the thermal range over which ABT was modified was typically wider for more eurythermal species than for stenothermal species (compare green and pinto abalones).
- In Vermont streams, one or more of the tolerant, eurythermal species (blacknose dace, white sucker, and creek chub) are often found in the same stream reach as are the coldwater species in least-degraded streams.
- Degraded sites, conversely, are dominated by the tolerant, eurythermal species: blacknose dace and creek chub.
More definitions of eurythermalDefinition of eurythermal in:
- The US English dictionary