- (Of an organism) able to tolerate a wide range of habitats or ecological conditions. Often contrasted with stenotopic.More example sentences
- Also as seen in graptolites, many of the taxa that were common during the Hirnantian were eurytopic species, high-latitude immigrants, or endemic, relict faunas.
- Such conservatism is usually seen in ecological generalists or eurytopic taxa.
- Moreover, it is apparent that some taxa were eurytopic whereas others were stenotopic, similar recent ones.
More definitions of eurytopicDefinition of eurytopic in:
- The US English dictionary