Definition of eutherian in English:
A mammal of the major group Eutheria, which excludes the marsupials and monotremes.
- Attempts to resolve the relationships of Xenarthra and Pholidota to other eutherian mammals have not yet been exhausted.
- Hypertrophied upper canines which occur in the paratype, have never previously been recorded in kangaroos and represent an example of evolutionary convergence between these herbivorous marsupials and ungulate eutherians.
- Using stem-based definitions (and the respective terms Metatheria and Eutheria), generally-accepted eutherians are now known from the late Early Cretaceous of both Asia and North America.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting eutherians.
- Several explanations have been proposed for the acquisition of genomic imprinting in eutherian mammals.
- To conclude, obtaining more data for mammalian groups has given the major gain in understanding eutherian evolution.
- Phylogenetic trees depicting relationships among 16 eutherian orders are presented.
Definition of eutherian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan