- Excessive richness of nutrients in a lake or other body of water, frequently due to run-off from the land, which causes a dense growth of plant life.More example sentences
- Algal blooms, toxin production and eutrophication (water pollution caused by excessive plant nutrients) occur as a result of this phosphorous.
- Nutrient pollution or eutrophication is caused by the massive discharges of nitrates and phosphates into the environment.
- In our study area, eutrophication promotes excessive growth of filamentous green algae in shallow coastal areas during late spring and early summers.
More definitions of eutrophicationDefinition of eutrophication in:
- The US English dictionary