- A person evacuated from a place of danger: his experiences as a wartime evacuee [as modifier]: evacuee childrenMore example sentences
- It is the second upheaval that Mann, herself a wartime evacuee to Canada and then America, concentrates on - and emotional stuff it is, too.
- Amid the discomforts of his passage the author reflects on or trawls his past, his sorrows and betrayals, his experience as a wartime evacuee.
- Hundreds of thousands of evacuees and refugees need urgent help to pay for basic necessities.
early 20th century (originally in the French form): from French évacué, past participle of évacuer, from Latin evacuare (see evacuate).
More definitions of evacueeDefinition of evacuee in:
- The US English dictionary