Definition of evangelism in English:
1The spreading of the Christian gospel by public preaching or personal witness.
- Why would proclamation of Jesus as a historical person assist Christian evangelism more than proclamation of a mythical figure?
- Is the ultimate goal of evangelism to preach the gospel as the Bible instructs?
- His scholarly Bible translation, preaching and personal evangelism achieved a phenomenal amount for the kingdom of God.
1.1Zealous advocacy or support of a particular cause: I arrived in a state of high evangelism
More example sentences
- But advocates hope his evangelism for the initiatives will help them increase support from mainstream institutions.
- This is why customer reviews work so well commercially: evangelism is the feel-good alternative to a fee.
- What do these guys do that's so right that they're able to get this kind of customer evangelism going?
Definition of evangelism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan