Definition of evangelism in English:
1The spreading of the Christian gospel by public preaching or personal witness.
- Why would proclamation of Jesus as a historical person assist Christian evangelism more than proclamation of a mythical figure?
- Is the ultimate goal of evangelism to preach the gospel as the Bible instructs?
- His scholarly Bible translation, preaching and personal evangelism achieved a phenomenal amount for the kingdom of God.
1.1Zealous advocacy or support of a particular cause: I arrived in a state of high evangelism
More example sentences
- But advocates hope his evangelism for the initiatives will help them increase support from mainstream institutions.
- This is why customer reviews work so well commercially: evangelism is the feel-good alternative to a fee.
- What do these guys do that's so right that they're able to get this kind of customer evangelism going?
Definition of evangelism in:
- US English dictionary